A late night fire has gutted two halls of residence at the Accra Academy, leaving more than 100 students stranded.
The fire started around 7:00 p.m. at Alema and Halm Addo halls, at a time the students were attending prep in their classrooms.
However, personal effects of students residing in the two halls have all been consumed by the fire. The cause of the fire is not immediately known.
The affected students, according to the official, will have to spend the night at other halls within the senior high school until tomorrow when authorities are expected to make a special arrangement for them.