the long awaited list of presidential candidates for the general elections which is scheduled for December 7th, 2020 has finally been released.
The Electoral Commission (EC) responsible for the election has processed and cleared 12 presidential aspirants to contest in the 2020 general elections and Ghanaians on social media have react to it.
From the list released, 5 out of the 17 aspirants who submitted their nomination forms to be considered as presidential candidates, were disqualified by the electoral Commission if Ghana.
Below are the list of the 12 presidential candidates cleared for the 2020 elections.
1. Alfred Walker – an independent candidate,
2. President Akufo-Addo – the New Patriotic Party (NPP)
3. Christian Andrews – The Ghana Union Movement (GUM),
4. Brigitte Dzogbenuku – People’s Progressive Party (PPP),
5. John Dramani Mahama – National Democratic Congress (NDC).
6. Akua Donkor – Ghana Freedom Party,
7. Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings – National Democratic Party (NDP),
8. Hassan Ayariga – All People’s Congress,
9. Ivor Kobina Greenstreet – Convention Peoples Congress (CPP),
10. Kofi Akpaloo – Liberal Party of Ghana,
11. David Apasera – People’s National Convention (PNC)
12. Henry Herbert Lartey – Great Consolidated Popular Party (GCPP).
However, from these 12 presidential candidates seeking for the presidential seat come December, two political parties; the ruling New Patriotic Party led by His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo and it’s direct opposition party National Democratic Congress led by former president John Dramani Mahama are the parties Ghanaians are concentrating on.
The question here is who are you voting for come December 7th and why will you vote that particular party to power?